Saturday, April 3, 2010

The adjustment of Lucy









Lucy didn't adjust well the 1st day. She followed me everywhere and there was not that far to walk in the apartment. When I left the room she started whining quite loudly. I was fearful that the neighbors would register a complain. I called the Vet to see if there was sme anti-anxeity medication I could give her to help her adjust. He prescribed Acepromazine 10mg cut into 4rths. I was to administer 1/4 of a tablet. I tested this on Friday. It didn't work. Vet said give her another, but no more. In 30 min she was calm. Today she had no meds. I could tell she was still a bit groggy, but she still follow me everywhere. Just not as quickly




Just before taking this photo I said "Medicine". She gave me a look of terror afterwhich she rolled into her sleeping postion with one eye open staring at me (can you see?).























I left the room. She got off the couch, but didn't whine. We are making progress !!!!



























No comments:

Post a Comment